Wednesday, August 8, 2007

NYC day #2

We braved the heat and the tourists (I guess were tourists too, eh?) and took the ferry out to Libery Island. We didn't get off the boat since you can't walk up past the base anymore anyway, but we did get off at the next stop, which was Ellis Island.


This is where most of the immigrants coming to the US went from 1880-1930. Now it's the US Immigration Museum and a very impressive place. I don't think any of my personal ancestors came through here, but I know the LDS Church has done a lot to preserve the immigration records so that people can do increasingly extensive geneology.



One of the many highlights of the trip was of course the Yankee game dad took us to. There really isn't anything quite like sitting in the upper deck at yankee stadium and watching the sun set over the course of the hours as the Yanks beat their opponents. The victim this night were the Chicago White Sox. Check out my blog at www.dklinejones.blogspot for a couple video clips from the game. I should mention that this was the 21st summer in a row that my dad and I have gone to a game together at Yankee Stadium.

No comments: