Wednesday, August 8, 2007

NYC Day 1

The first time Sarah and I were at Grand Central Station together was New Years Eve 2005-2006. It hardly seems like much time has passed, but when we think about all the wonderful (and stressful) things we've been through together, it blows my mind and increases my heart rate!


We were very inspired by our tour of the United Nations and particularly enjoyed this mosaic by Normal Rockwell. In fact, we have a poster of it hanging in our living room now. I should give credit to my friend Philippe, who did this same thing a year or so ago.


This is our tour guide speaking to us from the main chambers of the General Assembly. Our guide was part Israli and part Argentinian, a very interesting mix.




That evening my dad took us out to dinner in the east village where we saw Ari Hest perform. For those of you who don't know, Ari went to the same high school as me. While he was a couple grades older, we did perform at the same concert together, and I clearly remember being impressed by him. Now he's on Columbia records and has 3 or 4 fantastic records out. He is a really impressive singer and guitarist, and we loved his show. You should check out his website: www.arihest.com.

No comments: