Friday, May 25, 2007

Tuesday April 24

On Tuesday night at around midnight, Sarah and I boarded an overnight train taking us from her parents' home in Toulouse to her Grandparents' in Nice. It's a fantastic city, really close to Cannes, Monaco, Italy, even Turin, where they had the last winter Olympics.


We rode in a tiny little car with 6 bunk beds, 3 on each side. It was really weird getting on the train and having to get set up while 2 people were already asleep on the bottom bunk. For the first couple hours it felt having a never ending CT Scan since the ceiling was so low, but I eventually fell asleep and was thrilled to wake up to the see the Mediterranean.



Sarah's Grandfather Jacques Sacuto picked us up at the train station in Nice. He is such a nice and interesting guy. His family is Italian, but he was raised in Tunis, Tunisia, before moving to the French side of the Mediterranean at age 47.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

I note from a post back in 2007 that Sarah's Grandfather is a Mr Jacques Sacuto. I am trying to trace the Jacques Sacuto who purchased the freehold of a property in South West London in 1984. Could you please let me know either way if this is the right person and if so how I can contact them. Thank you
joanne@ernle-estates.com

Sarah said...

Joanne,
To the best of my knowledge, my grandfather does not own property in London. good luck!