Thursday, May 24, 2007

Mon May 7th, back home!

Sarah arrived in Canada on Saturday May 5th, but I swung through NYC in order to visit my dad and enter Canada from my home country. I have had bad experiences at airport border crossings, even being denied entry into Canada once because of a mistake I had made with my study permit, so I was a bit nervous. My name has a red flag by it so I had to go the extra step and speak to an immigration oficer instead of being cleared by a customs agent. I explained my whole situation, about Sarah's visa application in the States, my grad school, my job in NYC (I worked a few days before leaving for France) and that I was just coming to Canada to wait until Sarah got her visa or I start grad school, which ever happened first. She checked through my documents and paperwork, wrote down all this info and then dissapeared for 10 minutes. When she came back she had a temp visa (or whatever the equivalent is called in canada) that allows me to stay in the country until Aug 15th! So, here I am. My first reaction after driving from this airport onto Bronson and then Colonel By drive was how much more beautiful Ottawa is than NYC and how glad I was to be back. I still am, though I'm looking forward to the next chapter in life too.

No comments: