Friday, May 25, 2007

Fri May 4 - Sun May 6


For Sarah's birthday last month, my dad gave us money to go out to a good restaurant while in Paris. As if we hadn't been eating like royalty during the 2 weeks we had in been France, we took him up on it and enjoyed getting out of the rain (only the second time it happened during our trip) to this nice Italian restaurant. This was the first we spent money on a meal, and even that was a gift! When I got home dad couldn't believe I took her to an Italian restaurant in France, but we had been eating plenty of French food, and it's what she wanted. I found it strange how they practically opened early for us at 6:45pm, but by the time we left after 8pm the place was packed with people just sitting down to dinner. People eat later in France, enjoying a nice "gouter" (snack" around 4).

Before going to bed on our last night in France, we enjoyed some live Argentinian music at a cafe not far from our hotel.
Alas, our hotel. This 1star hotel wasn't too bad, especially since we managed to make it 2 1/2 weeks without paying a single dollar for our lodgings. We had some aprehensions but made it through the night ok. The best part was its proximity to Gare de Nord, where we caught the train to the airport Saturday morning. When we got to the airport I couldn't see my flight anywhere and was totally confused. It turns out they changed the time of my flight without notifying me and I had missed it. They put me on another flight and I was back at dad's place in NYC in time to watch the Jazz knock the Rockets out of the playoffs. Due to jetleg, I was back up at 5am Sunday morning feeling like it was 11am and had missed breakfast, so I ate lots of leftover pizza before going to Church!

No comments: