Sunday, May 17, 2009

Graduation


Graduation was a really special day for me. I've loved living in Chapel Hill and really enjoyed the master's degree program I was in, especially all the other students and faculty who supported me so much. As much as anything though, this day is a celebration about all the family and friends who made it possible. I was grateful to be able to share the celebration with so many, including my Jones Grandparents who came out a little earlier for Olivia's birthday. The day was also particularly special because my mom received her doctorate at the same time. The above photo was taken by someone from the school and apparently they're going to profile us in an upcoming issue of the School's magazine. Mother and son receiving graduate degrees on the same day, from the same university and same department. Pretty special.



Sitting still during the ceremony was not easy for her little 1 year old body. Thank goodness one of her favorite people on earth was there to help!


Can you see me walking across the stage? Second from the left.

No comments: