Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A little quiet time in Toulouse

Olivia catching up on some much needed sleep:

Our last couple weeks in Chapel Hill were pretty intense. I was finishing a few major papers and projects for the end of my master's degree. Sarah was tending another baby much of the day 3-4 days per week. We had a constant stream of visitors coming to celebrate graduation and Olivia's birthday. On top of all that we had to get ready to head to France and get all our stuff ready to move and be shipped off to Michigan. The tricky part was having enough stuff that we could be comfortable in France, but only as much as we could physically carry, and then fit in our little car once we arrive back in NC and head north to Michigan. Our reward for finally getting it all done was a full day of flying, including an overnight flight from JFK to Heathrow, and then 6 hours of jetlag.

All in all Olivia handled it extremely well, just like she does with everything. The hardest part for me was that once we got to Europe we split up, with Sarah and Olivia going straight to Toulouse and me going to London and then Rennes. As it turned out, the Thursday and Friday of my first work week were a holiday, so I took the train to Paris and then boarded the night train to Toulouse where I got to sleep on a bunk. I was so excited to finally arrive at Sarah's parents house after 10 days without seeing my girls. We had a few days to ourselves before the rest of Sarah's family arrived for the reunion.






No comments: