Sunday, January 11, 2009

On the Road North

On the way north we stopped in NY and had a coule great days with my Aunt. We also enjoyed visiting my old neighborhood and favorite pizza place (Exclusive Pizza on 181st between Ft. Washingtn and Pinehurst, 212-795-0550). It was nice being back home in the city.

As I wrote about previously, we didn't have enough energy to make it all the way to Montreal in one shot. We didn't get started until later in the day and ran into a bunch of traffic, so we stopped at a hotel in upstate NY. Olivia seemed to love traveling (once we got out of the car, that is).

Montreal had a ton of snow just before we arrived, and it snowed even more our first night. Here's what we awoke to that first morning. It only took 15 minutes to dig out, but then I had to double park at our destination so I could dig out a spot, then dig us out of that spot as we leaving to go back to where we were staying, and finally dig out a spot for us to park there. Winter is so much work, I love the south!


No comments: